If you’re a fan of all things British, then the World Showcase in Epcot at Disney World is the perfect destination for you. The World Showcase features 11 pavilions that represent different countries from around the world, and the United Kingdom pavilion is one of the most popular.
Located in the heart of the World Showcase, the UK pavilion transports guests to a quaint English village, complete with cobblestone streets, red phone booths, and a classic pub. Here are some of the top things to see in London in the World Showcase in Epcot:
- The Rose & Crown Pub – This classic British pub is a must-visit for anyone looking for a taste of England. The pub offers a wide selection of beers, ales, and ciders, as well as traditional British pub food such as fish and chips and shepherd’s pie.
- The Tea Caddy – For a taste of one of England’s most famous exports, visit The Tea Caddy. This charming shop offers a wide selection of teas, including classic blends like English Breakfast and Earl Grey, as well as unique blends like the Buckingham Palace Garden Party blend.
- The Queen’s Guard – No trip to England would be complete without seeing the iconic Queen’s Guard. The World Showcase in Epcot features a replica of a Queen’s Guard statue, complete with a red coat, tall black hat, and stoic expression.
- The Phone Booths – You can’t visit England without taking a photo in one of the country’s famous red phone booths. The UK pavilion features several phone booths that make the perfect backdrop for a fun vacation photo.
- The Toy Soldier – The UK pavilion also features a life-size toy soldier, complete with a tall black hat and a bright red coat. Kids (and adults!) will love taking photos with this fun and unique statue.
In addition to these top attractions, the UK pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot also features several shops where you can purchase authentic British souvenirs, including tea sets, Union Jack merchandise, and more. You will also find a handful of characters that you can meet with including: Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Alice.
In conclusion, the UK pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves England and British culture. From the classic pub to the iconic phone booths, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this charming and immersive pavilion.