Exploring Things to Do in Kansas City, Missouri: Unforgettable Must-Do Activities
Looking for things to do in Kansas City? Welcome to Kansas City, Missouri, a vibrant city known for its rich history, friendly locals, and a plethora of exciting attractions. Whether you’re a sports enthusiast, an arcade aficionado, a bookworm, or a foodie, Kansas City has something to offer everyone. In this blog, we’ll guide you through an unforgettable journey, highlighting must-do activities that include visiting Arrowhead Stadium, UpDown Arcade, Prospero’s Bookstore, River Market Antiques, savoring delicious BBQ, sampling craft beers, and more. Plus, we’ll take a closer look at the iconic Union Station. Let’s dive in!
- Arrowhead Stadium: Home of the Chiefs Sports fans won’t want to miss the chance to visit Arrowhead Stadium, the iconic home of the Kansas City Chiefs. Catching a game here is an experience like no other. The electrifying atmosphere, passionate fans, and top-notch football make for an unforgettable day. Even if you can’t attend a game, taking a stadium tour is a fantastic way to explore the stadium’s rich history and immerse yourself in the football culture.
- UpDown Arcade: Gaming Galore For those seeking a dose of nostalgia and gaming fun, UpDown Arcade is a must-visit destination. This retro-themed arcade features a vast collection of classic arcade games and pinball machines. Challenge your friends to Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, or Street Fighter, and let the good times roll. With an extensive selection of craft beers on tap, you can sip on your favorite brews while reliving the golden age of gaming.
- Prospero’s Books: A Literary Haven Book lovers will find solace in the enchanting world of Prospero’s Books. Nestled in the Westport district, this independent bookstore offers an extensive collection of new and used books spanning various genres. Lose yourself among the shelves, discover hidden gems, and embark on literary adventures. The cozy atmosphere and knowledgeable staff make this a haven for bookworms of all kinds. Exploring the shelves is one of our favorite things to do in Kansas City.
- River Market Antiques: Treasure Trove of History Immerse yourself in history and hunt for unique treasures at River Market Antiques. Located in the vibrant River Market district, this multi-floor antique mall houses an impressive collection of vintage furniture, clothing, jewelry, collectibles, and more. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or simply enjoy exploring the past, this is the perfect place to find one-of-a-kind souvenirs and uncover fascinating stories.
- Union Station: Architectural Grandeur and Cultural Hub No visit to Kansas City is complete without experiencing the iconic Union Station. This magnificent landmark, built in 1914, is an architectural gem that has been beautifully restored. Step inside and marvel at the grandeur of the historic train station, featuring stunning Beaux-Arts design elements. Take a guided tour to learn about the station’s rich history and its significance as a transportation hub in the early 20th century. Today, Union Station is not only a symbol of the city’s past but also a vibrant cultural center. Explore the interactive Science City, a hands-on science museum perfect for both kids and adults. Visit the Union Station Kansas City Model Railroad Experience, a captivating exhibit showcasing intricately detailed model train layouts. Don’t forget to check the event calendar, as Union Station often hosts exciting exhibits, concerts, and special events throughout the year.
- BBQ Bliss: A Mouthwatering Affair No trip to Kansas City is complete without indulging in its world-famous barbecue. Sink your teeth into succulent, slow-smoked meats, accompanied by mouthwatering sauces and delectable sides. Some legendary BBQ joints to check out include Arthur Bryant’s, Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que, and Q39. Experience the flavors that have made Kansas City a BBQ mecca and discover why locals take such pride in their delicious cuisine. They even offer a veggie burger option. Enjoying the atmosphere here is one of our favorite things to do in Kansas City. Other favorite restaurants include Blue Sake Sushi and Sahara Mediterranean.
- Craft Beer Exploration: Quench Your Thirst Kansas City’s craft beer scene is flourishing, offering a wide range of styles and flavors to please beer enthusiasts. Visit local breweries such as The Goat Brewing Company, Martin City Brewing Company (enjoy the best pizza here, too!), Boulevard Brewing Company, Torn Label Brewing Company, or Cinder Block Brewery to taste a variety of handcrafted beers. Take brewery tours, learn about the brewing process, and sample unique and innovative brews that showcase the city’s vibrant beer culture.
- Bonus Activities: Aside from the main highlights, consider exploring the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, where you can admire a diverse collection of art from around the world. Visit the National WWI Museum and Memorial, an immersive experience that commemorates the sacrifices made during the Great War. Check out Union Station for a unique blend of history and culture. For nature lovers, the Kansas City Zoo and Powell Gardens offer beautiful green spaces to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
Kansas City, Missouri, is a destination filled with excitement, culture, and flavors that will leave a lasting impression. There are so many things to do in Kansas City! From the roaring atmosphere at Arrowhead Stadium to the nostalgic gaming delights of UpDown Arcade, the literary charm of Prospero’s Books, the treasure trove of River Market Antiques, and the iconic Union Station, the city offers an array of unforgettable experiences. Don’t forget to indulge in the mouthwatering BBQ and explore the thriving craft beer scene. Embark on your Kansas City adventure and create memories that will keep you coming back for more.