A Kids Friendly Family Outdoor Water Activity in Wisconsin Dells
A Day at Land of Natura in Wisconsin Dells
The Bodendorfer family recently took a day trip to Wisconsin Dells. They left Marshfield, Wisconsin, and made the short drive to Land of Natura. The drive from Marshfield is under 2 hours, and there are now EV chargers available in both Marshfield (located at Wheelers Chevrolet GMC) and Wisconsin Dells, making it easy for electric vehicle owners to get there.
When they arrived at Land of Natura, they were met with a parking fee of $15. This is a reasonable parking fee compared to other water park like attractions in the Wisconsin Dells. The family then entered the park and found a place to store their belongings. They chose to rent an umbrella, which included 2 chairs that could be used for sunbathing. You are allowed to bring in wagons and chairs, however no carry-ins of food or drink are allowed. The staff does a check of everyone’s bag. This area is located next to the Mini Waterworld, which is an inflatable park designed for kids under 5 years old. This area also includes a man made beach.
Land of Natura is a natural theme park and water park that was created by the Makowski brothers, Adam, Rich, and David. The brothers grew up in the Wisconsin Dells area and were inspired to create a park that would connect people with nature. Land of Natura is home to a variety of activities, including:
- Lake Wisconsin Dells: The largest naturally filtered lake in the world, Lake Wisconsin Dells is a great place to swim, snorkel, or just relax on the beach.
- Waterworld: America’s largest inflatable water park, Waterworld is a blast for kids of all ages. There are slides, obstacle courses, and plenty of other ways to cool off on a hot day.
- Natural Lagoon: This peaceful lagoon is a great place to relax and soak up the sun. There are also paddle boats and kayaks available for rent.
- Snorkeling Cavern: This unique attraction allows you to explore the underwater world of Lake Wisconsin Dells.
- Nature Trails: There are several nature trails winding through the park, providing a great opportunity to get some exercise and enjoy the scenery.
- Kids Woodlane Adventure: This area features a zipline, treehouse, and other activities for kids.
- Mystic Forest Treetop Walkway: This 10-minute walk takes you through the trees, providing stunning views of the park.
- Sugar Bowl Lookout: This viewpoint offers stunning views of the Wisconsin River and the surrounding area.
We spent the morning swimming in Lake Wisconsin Dells and playing on the inflatables in Waterworld. The water was not heated, but it was still refreshing on a hot day. Our kids, ages 8 and 11, had a blast playing on the slides and obstacle courses.
In the afternoon, we took a hike along the Wisconsin River. We enjoyed the views from Sugar Bowl Lookout and the Mystic Forest Treetop Walkway. We also did the Kids Woodlane Adventure, which includes a zipline. This was a lot of fun, but it is important to wear active clothes and shoes. We would not recommend doing this in flip flops.
Here are some additional details about the Makowski brothers and their story:
* The Makowski brothers grew up in the Wisconsin Dells area. Their parents owned a small business in the Dells, and the brothers spent a lot of time exploring the natural beauty of the area.
* The brothers were inspired to create Land of Natura after seeing the way that tourism was changing the Wisconsin Dells. They wanted to create a park that would connect people with nature and help them to appreciate the beauty of the area.
* Land of Natura opened in 2023. The park has been a success, and the Makowski brothers are excited to continue to grow the park and share their love of nature with others.
If you are looking for a fun and exciting way to experience the natural beauty of Wisconsin Dells, then Land of Natura is the perfect place for you. With a variety of activities to choose from, there is something for everyone at Land of Natura.
Other amenities that offer don’t get mention, but are important for families. On a busy day we found that the restrooms were maintained and kept stocked. The bathrooms have privacy with the stall doors going to the floor. There is two locations where you can wash the sand off your feet, which both are located near the rental lockers and changing rooms. Indoor showers are also provided.
There is a selection of food options available on-site, we however had packed a lunch and made our way back in the parking lot to tailgate in our Chevy.
After leaving Land of Natura, the Bodendorfer family made a dinner stop at the Pizza Pub, which is located within 10 minutes of the park. Pizza Pub is a long-time family tradition for the Bodendorfers, and they always enjoy the food and service there.
Overall, the Bodendorfer family had a wonderful day at Land of Natura. They would definitely recommend it to other families looking for a fun and exciting day in the Wisconsin Dells. The staff was friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and well-maintained, and the activities were a lot of fun for all ages. We would definitely recommend Land of Natura to other families looking for a fun and exciting day in the Wisconsin Dells.