Looking for how to spend three days in Door County? This is one of our favorite places and one we’ve been to many time throughout the years. (If you’re a first-time visitor, click here for ideas.) Door County, Wisconsin, is a popular destination for visitors in the summer, thanks to its picturesque coastline, charming small towns, and abundance of outdoor activities. If you’ve got more than three days in Door County, there are so many things you can do and never get bored! But if you’ve only got three days in Door County…
Here’s a suggested weekend itinerary or way to spend three days in Door County:
- Start your day with breakfast at Summer Kitchen in Ephraim. Stop at Anderson Dock on your way back down 42.
- Go for a hike in Peninsula State Park, which offers over 3,700 acres of scenic trails, lookout points, and beaches.
- Grab lunch at Wilson’s Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor in Ephraim, a Door County institution that’s been serving up burgers and malts since 1906.
- Spend the afternoon on a tour on the Door County Trolley, which offers a scenic tour of the peninsula and insight into its history.
- Explore the charming village of Fish Creek, which offers plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- End the day with dinner at The White Gull Inn in Fish Creek, a historic inn and restaurant known for its famous fish boil.
- Watch the sunset down the road at Sunset Park in Fish Creek.
- Start your day with breakfast at a Door County cafe such as Shiny Moon Cafe in Fish Creek, which offers delicious coffee and light breakfast fare.
- Visit the Door County Maritime Museum in Sturgeon Bay, which tells the story of the region’s maritime history and includes a lighthouse tower to climb. Explore the downtown area while you’re at it.
- Grab lunch Kitty O’Reilly’s in Sturgeon Bay.
- Have a designated driver and spend the afternoon exploring the Door County Wine Trail, which features over a dozen local wineries and tasting rooms.
- Drive up HWY 42 to Gill’s Rock to see the “winding road.”
- Grab dinner at Pizza Bros in Egg Harbor.
- Start your day with breakfast at Julie’s Park Cafe and Motel in Fish Creek, a cozy cafe that serves up breakfast classics with a twist.
- Visit the Cana Island Lighthouse, located on a scenic island accessible by foot or tractor-pulled wagon ride.
- Enjoy lunch in Bailey’s Harbor at Harbor Fish Market & Grille.
- Visit Cave Point County Park, located along the eastern shore of the peninsula, which features stunning views of the Lake Michigan shoreline and sea caves.
- End the day with a hike at Potowatami State Park.
Of course, this is just one suggested itinerary for three days in Door County, and there are many other things to see and do in the area, depending on your interests. If you’re seeking a memorable getaway filled with natural beauty, cultural experiences, and culinary delights, spending three days in Door County is an absolute must. Nestled on a scenic peninsula in Wisconsin, Door County offers a myriad of attractions and activities that will leave you enchanted. Have fun exploring this beautiful region of Wisconsin!
Door County is renowned for its breathtaking landscapes. From the stunning shoreline of Lake Michigan to the lush forests and rolling hills, the natural beauty is truly captivating. Explore the iconic Peninsula State Park, hike along picturesque trails, or simply relax on the sandy beaches. Each moment spent in the embrace of Door County’s natural wonders is rejuvenating and awe-inspiring. Three days in Door County is a great way to start exploring.