Nestled in the heart of Marshfield, Wisconsin, Wildwood Park and Zoo offers a unique and enriching experience for nature enthusiasts, animal lovers, and families seeking a memorable day out. This delightful natural park, known for its commitment to wildlife conservation and education, provides an opportunity to connect with North American species while enjoying the serene surroundings of Wildwood Park.
Hours of Operation
Wildwood Park and Zoo welcomes visitors year-round, offering a range of seasonal hours to suit every schedule.
- Spring (April 1 – Memorial Day): 7:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Summer (Memorial Day – Labor Day): 7:30 A.M. – 7:30 P.M
- Fall (Labor Day – October 31): 7:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Winter (November 1 – March 31): Mon-Fri: 7:30 A.M. – 2:30 P.M. / Sat & Sun: 7:30 A.M. – 11:30 A.M.
Discover the Wildlife
One of the standout features of Wildwood Park and Zoo is its dedication to showcasing North American wildlife. The zoo serves as a beacon for wildlife conservation, habitat preservation, and the protection of threatened species. Visitors can embark on a journey to understand the intricate relationship between humans, nature, and the environment through animal conservation, educational exhibits, and recreational opportunities.
A Glimpse of What Awaits
The zoo’s Welcome Center, completed in the fall of 2019, offers a diverse range of attractions for the entire family:
- Interactive Water Table and Electricity Model: Engage in hands-on learning about the natural world.
- New Animal Species: Discover a variety of snakes, lizards, turtles, and salamanders that call the zoo home.
- Cougar Behind-the-Scenes: Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the majestic cougars that reside at the zoo.
- Honeybee Exhibit: Explore the fascinating world of these vital pollinators.
- ADA Accessible Restrooms: Ensuring that all visitors have a comfortable experience.
- Zoo Map and Additional Information: Navigate the zoo effortlessly and learn more about the various exhibits and animal species.
Admission and Donations
One of the remarkable aspects of Wildwood Park and Zoo is that it is open to the public completely free of charge. However, they do appreciate any donations from their visitors. Donation boxes can be found at the entrances, providing an opportunity for guests to contribute to the care and conservation of the animals.
Responsible Visitor Guidelines
Wildwood Park and Zoo encourages a respectful and educational visit for all guests. To ensure the welfare of both visitors and animals, please adhere to these guidelines:
- No Pets: For the safety and comfort of the animals, pets are not allowed within the zoo, except for service animals.
- No Feeding the Animals: The animals at the zoo are on carefully planned diets. Please refrain from feeding them.
- Bike and Skates Courtesy: Leave your bikes and skates by the designated area near the entrances to ensure a safe environment for all.
- Respect Barriers: Do not climb on fences or attempt to interact with animals by sticking arms or fingers through enclosures.
- Respect Ducks and Geese: The ducks and geese at the zoo are not tame and may act defensively if approached aggressively. Please observe them from a respectful distance.
EV Charging Convenience
Wildwood Park and Zoo goes a step further in promoting sustainability by offering an Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station courtesy of the Wheeler Family Auto Group. This eco-friendly initiative allows visitors to charge their electric vehicles while exploring the zoo and enjoying the park, contributing to a greener future.
Wildwood Park and Zoo stands as a testament to Marshfield’s commitment to preserving wildlife, fostering environmental education, and providing families with a welcoming and educational outdoor space. Whether you’re an animal enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply seeking a day of family fun, Wildwood Park and Zoo has something special to offer for everyone. Come for the wildlife, stay for the experience, and leave with memories that will last a lifetime.